Family Life has an opening for a number of seasonal Youth Theatre Workshop Instructors. This is an opportunity to work with a trusted Christian ministry where Jesus is at the heart of everything we do. Family Life, in its 66th year of ministry, includes full-time departments in Performing Arts, Biblical Counseling, and Events as well as our regional Radio Ministry. The Performing Arts Department is committed to presenting quality family-friendly shows, events and teaching that uplifts and inspires. We do this through our full-scale mainstage productions, “Youth Theatre” Productions, concert events, and our Youth Theatre Workshops, which are held throughout New York and Pennsylvania.
Entering our 17th year of workshops, two highly skilled teams will be traveling to over 14 locations this summer, teaching theatre, music, and dance at week-long theatre camps. Training is May 30th – June 9th. Workshops run from June 19th – August 11th. If you are looking for weekly pay, up to a $25 daily food compensation, free housing, and the opportunity to impact kids for the kingdom of God, this might be for you!
- Working together with other instructors while teaching.
- Assisting in all aspects of putting a show up in a week.
- Maintaining safe and clean work environment. (i.e. rehearsal space and stage)
- Be punctual and energetic.
- Organize and complete setup and teardown of workshops each week.
- Encouraging and educating kids all while pointing them to the Lord through example.
- Be a theatre, music or education major.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift over 25 pounds from floor to waist high.
- Comfortable working with a team and children.
- Ability to think creatively and artistically while remaining flexible.
- A strong desire to lead and work with children.
- An aptitude and understanding of theatre and music.
- Able to stay on schedule and keep others on task.
- Travel throughout New York and Pennsylvania with occasional overnights.
- Be a committed and growing disciple of Jesus Christ; with your commitment to Christ evidenced in your personal life, family relationships, and ministry.Exhibit a servant’s heart and Christian character in the areas of integrity, dependability, and honor.
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to learn and then train others in theatre games, songs and scene work.
- Genuine desire for excellence.
- Enjoy working with a team of like-minded people.
- Enjoy and thrive in a creative environment while teaching others to do the same.