Our mission is impacting lives with the message of hope found in Jesus Christ through Christian radio, performing arts, biblical counseling, and a variety of concerts and events with the purpose of spreading the Gospel.
What We Do
What We Believe
- We believe in the Bible (the Old and New Testaments) as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ and His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His Ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. God, our Heavenly Father, through His Son Jesus Christ, is the sole entity of our worship.
- We believe that salvation is a gift received from God when we put our trust in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. This salvation is a result of the Holy Spirit convicting the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, is absolutely essential, and is administered solely by the grace of God through our faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
- We believe in the God-ordained institution of marriage between one man and one woman and that any other arrangement is not in accordance to God’s Word.
- We believe in the sanctity of life and that all contrary practices such as abortion, euthanasia, infanticide are wrong acts toward a holy and life-giving God.
Family Life History
Family Life Ministries, Inc. is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization established six decades ago by a recent college graduate, Dick Snavely, as a youth ministry. The organization’s first twenty years consisted of a staff of less than five and an annual budget of $200,000. During the first ten years of its existence, Family Life operated out of small office areas in Naples and Avoca, NY. In 1967 the organization constructed its current facility located in Bath, NY, a facility that has been added onto five different times.
Family Life began its first radio station in 1983. Six years later a network was formed with the construction of three additional stations. Since the early 1990s over 60 other signals have been put on the air. Today Family Life has over 60 employees, a $6-7 million annual budget, and covers large portions of New York and Pennsylvania with the message of hope. Complementing the radio outreach, the organization has full-time departments in Performing Arts, Hope & Healing Counseling, and Events. Accompanying these departments are divisions in Information Technology, Creative Services, Internet Broadcasting, Food Services, and events for Youth, Singles, and Senior Citizens.