Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time Graphic Designer. Family Life, in its 66th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY that will allow for the growth and expansion of our performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as our regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and our future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate. The Graphic Designer will support and promote ministry outreach through design, photography, videography, social media, and online communication.
The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work are necessary requirements to fill this position. The Graphic Designer must be a follower of Jesus Christ as they will represent Family Life to the suppliers, vendors, and other staff.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations / ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Please fill out an online application and email resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
- Designing print materials, including brochures, posters, postcards, and banners
- Creating advertisements for multiple mediums, including newspapers and billboards
- Working with outside print vendors
- Generating and updating website content
- Proofreading and editing copy
- Supporting social media outreach
- Collaborating with team members and staff from other departments
- Overseeing projects from conception to completion
- Ensuring that all design work meets organizational branding standards
- Reporting directly to the Creative Services Director
- Attending all weekly staff meetings (held on Wednesdays)
- Must maintain a positive Christian testimony through a vibrant, active, and strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Windows, and digital photography
- Knowledge of layouts and typography
- Ability to work independently, but also collaborate in a team setting
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Available as occasionally required nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in communication studies, marketing, graphic design, or a related area
- At least three years of professional design experience
- Experience using content management systems (CMS) and other web technologies
$30,000- $50,000/ year
The initial compensation for the chosen candidate is determined by various job-related elements such as education, experience, and training. The position also comes with an array of benefits such as medical coverage, a Health Savings Account, a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, a 403(b) plan with matching contributions, life insurance, disability benefits, ten paid holidays, five PTO days, and ten vacation days allowable within the first year.