Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time Publicist/ Social Media Manager. Family Life, in its 67th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY, that will allow for the growth and expansion of our performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as our regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and our future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate.
The Publicist/ Social Media Manager will support and promote the ministry through planning, writing, and implementing publicity campaigns, including press releases, social media posts, and various marketing strategies to increase awareness of Family Life, its ministries, and events.
The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work is necessary to fill this position. The Publicist/ Social Media Manager must be a follower of Jesus Christ as they will represent Family Life to the listeners, supporters, vendors, and other staff.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations/ ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Please fill out an online application and email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
- Planning and implementing publicity campaigns.
- Maintaining good relationships with media organizations.
- Analyzing the impact of our publicity strategy and adjusting where necessary.
- Creates digital marketing for websites, emails, social media, and blogs.
- Uses social media to interact with listeners and to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Collaborates with the Creative Services team to develop branding messages.
- Identifies target customers and markets.
- Creates content strategies for digital media.
- Maintains knowledge of digital marketing developments, trends, and best practices.
- Creating advertisements for multiple mediums, including newspapers and billboards.
- Assisting in generating and updating website content.
- Proofreading and editing copy.
- Collaborating with team members and staff from other departments.
- Overseeing projects from conception to completion.
- Reporting directly to the Creative Services Director.
- Attending all weekly staff meetings (held on Wednesdays).
- Must maintain a positive Christian testimony through a vibrant, active, and strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate.
- Strong understanding of social media and internet culture.
- Copywriting and content creation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and similar related software.
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate in a team setting.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at the same time.
- Available as occasionally required nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- At least three years of related experience in business, promotional sales, customer service, or related field preferred.
- Experience using content management systems (CMS) and other web technologies.
$35,000- $55,000/ year
The initial compensation for the chosen candidate is determined by various job-related elements such as education, experience, and training. The position also comes with an array of benefits such as medical coverage, a Health Savings Account, a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, a 403(b) plan with matching contributions, life insurance, disability benefits, ten paid holidays, five PTO days, and ten vacation days allowable within the first year.