Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time Morning Show Co-host. Additional responsibilities such as Digital Program Director, Imaging Director, and/or Promotions Director are available for the right candidate. Family Life, in its 67th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY that will allow for the growth and expansion of our performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as our regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and our future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate.
The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work are necessary requirements to fill this position. The On-Air Personality must be a follower of Jesus Christ as they will represent Family Life to the listeners. Qualified applicants must be willing to work on-site, and live and worship locally. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Applicants looking to work remotely will not be considered.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations/ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Please fill out an online application and email resume and demo to email@example.com or mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
- Host a full-time, live on-air shift.
- Develop creative, compelling, emotionally connected, and entertaining content.
- Form an authentic connection and bond with listeners.
- Maintain a healthy balance between entertainment and spiritual encouragement that helps listeners to grow in their faith.
- Openly share your Christian faith in a way that fosters spiritual growth in others.
- Research and prepare show content that’s relative to the audience.
- Voice-track weekend shifts as needed.
- Provide vacation or emergency coverage for other shifts as needed.
- Represent the ministry at public events and remote broadcasts.
- Attendance of weekly staff and department meetings, as well as coaching sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A fun, engaging, energetic, and upbeat personality.
- Previous on-air hosting experience preferred, preferably in a CCM format, but not required.
- Exceptional storytelling skills and the ability to capture and hold the attention of the listener.
- A strong desire to use one’s talents to serve the Lord and encourage listeners.
- Must maintain a positive Christian testimony through a vibrant, active, and strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Experience with Zetta, or similar studio automation systems.
- Experience with Adobe Audition CS6, or similar digital audio workstations.
- Ability to work well in a creative and collaborative team environment.
- Previous programming, imaging, and promotions experience a plus
$40,000- $75,000/ year
The initial compensation for the chosen candidate is determined by various job-related elements such as education, experience, and training. The position also comes with an array of benefits such as medical coverage, a Health Savings Account, a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, a 403(b) plan with matching contributions, life insurance, disability benefits, ten paid holidays, five PTO days, and ten vacation days allowable within the first year.