Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time IT Help Desk Technician. Family Life, in its 66th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY that will allow for the growth and expansion of our performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as our regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and our future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate.
The IT Help Desk Technician will be responsible for responding to all support calls and tickets to the IT Department. The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work are necessary requirements to fill this position.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations/ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Email resume and portfolio to email@example.com or mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
- Prioritize and respond quickly to all help desk tickets sent to the IT Department
- Phone support for both in-house and remote workers
- Setup for Sharathon and 1 Day Fundraisers
- Perform system updates, software updates, and software patches on all Family Life owned computers
- Learn radio software and satellite network to be able to support both on air staff and engineering
- Recommend hardware configurations for system updates
- Learn basics of theater sound to support Sound Engineer and Designer during show setup and performances
- Support System Administrator with networking, servers, Office 365, phone system, and backup software
- Manage and maintain all in-house printers
- Knowledge and expertise in Windows 10 and 11
- Knowledge and expertise in Microsoft WSUS
- Knowledge and expertise in Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Microsoft Servers, Microsoft HyperV, Cisco Switches, NEC Phone systems a plus
- Knowledge and expertise in IT ticketing systems
- Willingness to learn, grow, and maintain knowledge of new technologies and industry standards
- Passionate about the mission and vision of Family Life Ministries and how it translates to people inside and outside Family Life
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Articulate, self-directed, team-oriented, able to work well with others
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Committed and growing disciple of Jesus Christ; this person’s commitment to Christ will be evidenced in his/her personal life, family relationships, and ministry
- Exhibit a servant’s heart and Christian character in the areas of integrity, dependability, and perseverance
- Has a quality orientation with a passion for excellence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field a minimum.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience a plus
- CompTIA A+, Network +, or similar a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Weekends and overnights as required for system updates and emergencies.