Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time Director of Development. Family Life, in its 66th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY, that will allow for the growth and expansion of our performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as our regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and our future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate.
The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work are necessary requirements to fill this position. The Director of Development must be a follower of Jesus Christ as they will represent Family Life to the foundations, donors, and businesses.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations/ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Please fill out an online application and email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com or mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
The Director of Development will provide the leadership, strategic direction, management, and coordination for all Family Life fundraising efforts. The Director will create fundraising strategies that increase the organization’s support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other sources. The Director of Development plays a key role in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors for capital and annual gifts. The Director will collaborate closely with the CEO, Management Team members, and other key volunteer leadership to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals.
- Plan, administer, and implement all fundraising activities of Family Life Ministries under the direction of CEO;
- Manage the development department in a fiscally sound manner by ensuring that the appropriate systems, staffing, and procedures are in place to support fundraising goals;
- Manage current faith partners of approximately 15,000 members;
- Develop, manage, and implement (in collaboration with CEO) all aspects of future building capital fund drive;
- Provide detailed reports about the fundraising progress to the CEO and Board of Directors regularly;
- Maintain a proactive, creative leadership role in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual, corporate, and foundation contributions;
- Cultivate and directly solicit key donors, working with the CEO and other key volunteers, as appropriate;
- Develop annual fundraising plan (including semi-annual sharathons, year-end project, etc.) in collaboration with the CEO for presentation to the Board of Directors;
- Prepare and/or oversee all direct mail letters, grant requests to foundations, brochures, and sponsorship proposals required to support fundraising efforts;
- Coordinate donor patron receptions and events in collaboration with the Public Relations Director and volunteers;
- Ensure that all Family Life donors are appropriately thanked and receive regular communication by making donor stewardship a priority;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers;
- Serve as a visible spokesperson and advocate for Family Life’s mission and programs in the funding community and
- Serve as a member of Family Life’s Management Team.
- Must maintain a positive Christian testimony through a vibrant, active, and strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Committed to be enthusiastic about Family Life’s mission and programs;
- Highly entrepreneurial, resourceful, and flexible;
- A strategist who is adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing, and following through while remaining highly energetic and focused;
- A team builder with strong skills in management and leadership;
- A catalyst with vision who can create excitement and energy around Family Life’s ministry programs and encourage others to support the organization — persuasive, persistent, and determined in the pursuit of the organization’s fundraising goals;
- Straightforward, self-motivated, and diplomatic — sharing information readily, listening as well as giving advice, and respecting the abilities of others;
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing various fundraising activities; and emotionally mature with a sense of humor to maintain balance.
Salary Range: $45,000- $75,000/ year.
The initial compensation for the chosen candidate is determined by various job-related elements such as education, experience, and training. The position also comes with an array of benefits such as medical coverage, a Health Savings Account, a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, a 403(b) plan with matching contributions, life insurance, disability benefits, ten paid holidays, five PTO days, and ten vacation days allowable within the first year.