Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time Regional Underwriting and Public Relations Representative in Syracuse and central NY. Family Life, in its 66th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY that will allow for the growth and expansion of the Family Life’s performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as a regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and the ministry’s future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate.
The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work are necessary requirements to fill this position.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations/ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Email resume to email@example.com or mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
- Identify and network with businesses and not-for-profit organizations in your assigned region
- Develop long-term relationships with prospects to form mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Present opportunities for underwriting and paid promotional campaigns on Family Life to air in either one or multiple regions
- Submit all necessary paperwork needed to get underwriting and promotional messages on the air
- Report to the Director of Radio and submit weekly progress reports
- Coordinate with the Production Director and Traffic Manager to furnish all necessary information for underwriting and promotional messages, and to ensure underwriting messages and promotional spots are completed on time and ready to air
- Build relationships with local and regional pastors and churches to further Family Life’s mission as a para-church organization working alongside these institutions to grow followers of Jesus
- Represent Family Life at events in your assigned region as needed
- Promote Family Life in assigned region and introduce individuals, companies, churches, and other organizations to the many events, services, and programs offered by the ministry
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, preferably with a focus on Marketing, Advertising, Business, or Communications
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; meticulous organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- The temperament and personality to interact with a variety of individuals in a professional, positive, and pleasant manner; ability to exercise independent judgment when appropriate
- Ability to work well under pressure; self-motivated with a proven ability to solve problems; ability to work under varying degrees of supervision
- Fully competent in basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, especially when attending Family Life events and other business networking events.
- Be available for all four days of our Spring and Fall Sharathons.