Family Life Ministries has an opening for a full-time On-Air Personality. Family Life, in its 66th year of ministry, has plans to build a new world-class headquarters in Corning, NY that will allow for the growth and expansion of our performing arts, events, and Hope & Healing counseling ministry departments, as well as our regional radio network which consists of nearly 70 broadcast signals in New York and Pennsylvania. For more information on Family Life and our future facility, visit https://www.familylife.org/buildingupdate.
The individual chosen to fill this position will have the opportunity of working with a talented team of over 60 staff members. An overwhelming sense of God’s call to use one’s talents and life to advance His work are necessary requirements to fill this position.
Family Life considers partnership with local churches and other Christian organizations/ministries a high priority. Integrity, excellence, teamwork, and a passion to serve characterize the ministry of Family Life. Email resume to email@example.com or mail to Family Life: POB 506; Bath, NY 14810.
- Host a full-time, live on-air shift
- Develop creative, compelling, emotionally connected, and entertaining content
- Form an authentic connection and bond with listeners
- Maintain a healthy balance between entertainment and spiritual encouragement that helps listeners to grow in their faith
- Openly share your Christian faith in a way that fosters spiritual growth in others
- Research and prepare show content that’s relative to the audience
- Voice-track weekend shifts as needed
- Provide vacation or emergency coverage for other shifts as needed
- Represent the ministry at public events and remote broadcasts
- Attend weekly staff and department meetings, as well as coaching sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous on-air hosting experience, preferably in a CCM format
- Experience with Zetta, or similar studio automation system
- Experience with Adobe Audition CS6, or similar digital audio workstation
- Exceptional storytelling skills and the ability to capture and hold the attention of the listener
- Friendly, conversational style
- Fun and upbeat personality
- Ability to work well in a creative and collaborative team environment
- A desire to use ones’ talents to glorify the Lord and grow followers of Christ